Abergwili is a co-educational Voluntary Controlled Primary School catering for children from 3½-11 years of age. Children are admitted to the school at the beginning of the term they reach their fourth birthday. The school is located in the centre of Abergwili village which is some two miles from Carmarthen.
Aims of the School
- Develop an appreciation of the Christian way of life and through this develop an individual who will respect the environment and its people, and at the same time become aware of the importance of politeness and courtesy.
- To provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment for learning.
- Develop the use of language and numbers effectively in all aspects of the curriculum according to the age and ability of the pupils.
- Ensure that pupils develop academically, psychologically, socially and physically and that each pupil reaches his/her full potential through experiencing a variety of interesting and relevant experiences regardless of background, race or religion.
- Ensure that pupils are happy, cheerful and enthusiastic, proud of their school and community and eager to succeed.
- We aim to ensure that the school curriculum is balanced and varied whilst providing differential education for all ages and ability.
- Every child will have a voice. The School Council allows all to contribute to the development of the school.
- To ensure that bilingualism is promoted in all areas of the school.